Time of Shipment
Afghanistan does not have any port of its own, thus vehicles are shipped through Karachi.
Left-hand drive vehicles:
Importation of left-hand drive vehicles is permitted in the country.
Documents required for import customs clearance:
• Original license for the vehicle
• Original sell contract (if the vehicle is not owned by the shipper)
• Passport copy
• Bill of Lading
• Original certificate of title and Registration
• Tax exemption form (diplomats)
• Request letter for customs clearance permission to Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Finance
• Note Verbale (memo letter) from the Embassy / NGO organization (diplomatic status)
Foreigners having work permit and working visa and diplomats are allowed to import vehicle in Afghanistan. Tourists are not allowed to import vehicle in the country. Vehicles are taxed at between 10 and 16 percent, according to model and year. Trucks and buses are taxed at a rate of 2.5 percent. Diplomats are exempted of paying duties and taxes.