Max. 10 Years Old
Dar ES Salaam (Tanzania)
Time of Shipment
RoRo (24-34 Days)
DGDA, OCC, Ministry of Commerce
Destination ports where imported vehicles may land: Kinshasa, Port of Banana, Port of Boma and Port of Matad.
There are two ways to ship a vehicle; one can use either a shipping container or import by cheap and most popular Ro-Ro shipping method.
• Imported second-hand car should be below 10 years of age from the year of production.
• Imported second hand van or buses (more than 10 seats) must be less than 7 years old.
• Imported used Lorries must be less than 10 years old.
Importation of only Left Hand Drive (LHD) vehicle is permitted in Congo.
Documents for custom clearance :
• An original or certified copy of the vehicle registration document (V5C or logbook).
• Original Bill of Lading (OBL)-The OBL must show chassis number, engine number, and cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand and model.
• Commercial or purchase Invoice.
• Legal conveyance certificate.
• Original certificate of vehicle inspection or legal copy of the country of origin.
Import taxes rates:
• Custom Duties ranges from 8% to 46.1%
• VAT ranges from 8% to 13%