Max. 1 Years Old
Time of Shipment
Container (21-28 Days)
Major shipping ports for used vehicles in Egypt are El Iskandariya (Alexandria), Port Said and Damietta.
Left-hand drive vehicles:
Only right hand drive cars are allowed in the country. Importation of diesel vehicles is strictly prohibited in the country.
Documents required for Customs clearance:
• Original Certificate of Title and Registration
• Original Commercial/Purchase Invoice
• Original Passport
• Certificate of Origin
• Original Bill of Lading
• Authorization letter, locally issued in Egypt
Duties and Taxes:
• Customs duty between 40% and 135%
• Tax varies between 10% and 35%
Duty Free Importation:
• Expatriates working within the Egyptian Government sector are allowed to import vehicle duty free, provided they must guarantee re-exportation of the vehicle.
• Expatriates working for non-governmental sector are allowed to import a vehicle duty free only if the expatriate is the owner or partner of a private company/project in Egypt. In this case, duty can be covered with local bank guarantee.
Requirements are: proof of ownership/partnership from Egyptian Investment Authority, company commercial registration documents, and taxation documents.
• Trip ticket system allows free import for maximum period of 6 months, provided submitting trip ticket documentation and plates. Once the period of 6 months is over, the vehicle should be exported for at least 6 months before shipping back to Egypt again. Licensing fees is only applicable on these vehicles.